Wednesday 25 March 2009

#22 - Skydive

OK, so I am putting some things into action in preparation for 'off' in a couple of weeks. It's getting scarily near, considering this will also mark the leaving of my twenties, which has been easily my favourite decade of my life so far.
But, talking to my lovely friend and colleague Kate in the pub on Friday, I received some good news - she is happy to do my skydive with me! She is constantly raising money for the Bobby Moore Fund - a cause close to her heart - so will jump for them. I am not sure who I am going to raise money for, but I will probably follow suit as it's one of those causes that doesn't get half as much attention as it should. Probably because bowel cancer just isn't as easy to talk about as breast cancer - it's all just a little more 'real' and without the 'fun' fundraising ideas that bras and boobs offer.
So, I need to look into how long I have to wait for the metalwork in the ankle to settle in before I do anything to snap it again, but it's all shaping up nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment